At Pender Pet Retreat, we offer grooming services to pets during boarding and daycare, or on a same-day, drop-off basis.
When dropping your pet off for grooming services, we will have you complete our grooming services agreement where you will indicate the services you wish us to provide. Unless otherwise arranged with one of our groomers, we ask you to drop off your pet by 10:00am. If you would like to speak to the groomer to discuss the details of your pet’s grooming before services are provided, please let our front desk know or ask to speak to your pet’s groomer before the day of services.
Normal Business Hours
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 7:00pm
Saturdays 7:00am – 5:00pm
Sundays 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Proof of valid and completed series of Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella and Canine Influenza vaccinations, as well as a negative fecal/intestinal parasite test provided to us either in person or via e-mail prior to arrival. We will accept records from any licensed veterinarian.
- All pets receiving grooming services should be regularly dosed with flea, tick, and parasite prevention, as recommended by your pet’s veterinarian. Please note that pet’s should NOT receive topical preventives within the 24 – 48 hours before and after bathing, as this will decrease the efficacy of the medication.
- We accept both altered/neutered/spayed and unaltered/intact male and female dogs for grooming services.
- We can only provide grooming services to dogs who are in good general health without signs of active illness including sneezing, coughing, gagging, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, lethargy, etc.
- We do not provide grooming services to pets requiring sedation or excessive restraint. If any pet in our care becomes overwhelmed or is not able to be handled safely, we will discontinue grooming services and recommend that you speak with you pet’s veterinarian about the best course of action.
- Please make sure to indicate at check-in if you must pick up your pet by a certain time and we will do everything we can to accommodate that request. If you are on a tight timeline, please ask to speak to our groomer ahead of time to make specific arrangements.
- Our groomer will call you once your pet is ready to be picked up. You are welcome to call our main line to check on the status of your pet’s grooming services at any time.
- Payment for all services is required at the time of departure. You are welcome to leave a card on file for quick and easy check-out.
- We are not available for walk-in, same-day grooming services on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day